Lower School children explore the building blocks of
education: math, reading, science, great works of literature,
grammar, history, geography, and even the discipline of
Fast Facts About Lower School
✓ Who: 1st – 3rd Grades
✓ When: 5-Days/Week, End August – Beginning of June
✓ Location: 430 Second Ave Chula Vista, CA 91910
Fast Facts About Lower School
The teachers at Courage Christian Academy’s Lower School educate with the whole child in mind. While others prepare elementary-aged students to simply improve their memorization and test-taking abilities, Courage teaches students how to reason through the content that is presented to them to reach a logical, biblical conclusion and application.
- Class Size: 24
- Number of Classes: 1
- Student to Teacher Ratio: 12:1 for grades 1-3
- Before/After School: Programs are available
- School Security/Safety protocols, etc. Courage’s elementary school classrooms are bright, welcoming, and friendly. Appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that our families feel confident that their precious children are safe, loved and well- cared for.
- Tuition: $1,050 monthly (10 months) for Grades 1-3
- Financial Aid Info: Financial aid is available. Call Tanya Williams at (619) 213 6109 for details.
Courage Lower School Curriculum
- Core subjects include Math, Science, Bible, Language, Literature, Reading, History, and Geography.
- History is learned through Ephesians 1:9-10 which concludes: “All human history is culminated in Christ.” We teach students that God is sovereign as He governs in the affairs of men and nations, because He sees the past, present, and future-He orchestrates events to accomplish His plan (that all men may know God the Father through Christ the Son).
- With a Providential View of History in mind, each grade level focuses on a different point on the timeline of HIStory. It begins with Creation and includes the chain of Christianity moving westward. From Moses and the Law to Jesus Christ, from Paul to the Bible in English, from Columbus to the Pilgrims, from the Patriots to the Pioneers, and concludes with the restoration of America. Students are taught this to understand the truth of history and for Whom our nation was built.
- Math: Hybrid Learning is a system that rotates students through three learning stations within the math class to enable personalized learning. Students engage in the student. Another station includes collaborative activities, where students work in a group on real-world problems that relate to the material covered in class. The final station is independent learning, which takes place on a computer. It helps students to master each step in the problem and give immediate feedback to the teacher to let them know where each student may need further direction. The Hybrid Learning method enables students to have multiple ways of learning a lesson to enable mastery and to meet students’ varied learning styles.
- Students begin Spanish in first grade and Latin in fourth.
- Field studies can be viewed for each grade level on our Field Studies page.
Public speaking is an important focus of our curriculum, so students participate in speech meet in Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and up through fifth grade.
- Orations: To develop the ability to research, write, and defend their work, students begin writing orations in second grade and presenting in third grade.
- View our complete Course Catalogs for elementary school.
- Art, Music, Physical Education are incorporated into our elementary school schedule.
- Kids’ Culinary Classes are offered for Lower School grades.
- Average class size is 24. Grades 1 and 3 have teachers aides to assist with learning.