Courage Christian Academy’s 3- and 5-day Christian
Kindergarten in Chula Vista, CA uses an intentional method of
teaching that trains students to think and reason, not just
Fast Facts About Kindergarten
✓ Who: Ages 5 and 6 (must be 5 by September 1st of the school year)
✓ When: 3-Day (Mon/Wed/Fri) and 5-Day Programs are available; both are Full-Day Kindergarten
✓ Location: 430 Second Ave Chula Vista, CA 91910
Using The Principle Approach® (historic, biblical method of education that helped forge our nation), Courage Christian Academy’s Full Day Kindergarten classes provide a refreshing answer to families who seriously desire to launch their child’s education in an academically rigorous, loving, nurturing environment.
Early Education at Courage
At Courage Christian Academy, we provide three levels of early childhood education:
• Pre-Kindergarten: 3 & 5-Day/Week Programs (full day, for ages 4 & 5)
• Kindergarten: 3 & 5-Day/Week Programs (full day, for ages 5 & 6)
Kindergarten is a 3-day program that comes with an optional 2 additional enrichment days (creating full week, 5-day Kindergarten program).
Purpose Of The Full-Day Christian
• To fortify the love for God that is being taught at home.
• To instill a love for the special gift of learning that God has given to each ot us.
• To assist parents in training their child in Christian manners and habits.
• To begin the process of fitting the child for usefulness in his/her future.
There are clear distinctions that only a Principle Approach® school offers. This philosophy of education finds its very core in the Word of God. Ours is not simply a cursory nod at the Bible or a rote recitation of biblical directives. Rather, our approach involves a dynamic search for and application of biblical truth as it relates to this life and beyond.
- Class Size: 24
- Number of Classes: 1
- Before/After School: Programs available
- School Security/Safety protocols, etc. Courage’s Kindergarten classroom is large, bright, welcoming, and friendly. Appropriate security measures are in place to ensure that our families feel confident that their precious children are safe, loved and well-cared for.
- Field Studies
- Tuition: $718 monthly (10 months) for 3-day Kindergarten
- Financial Aid Info: Tuition Assistance is available. Call Tanya Williams at (619) 213 6109 for details
CHRISTIAN KINDERGARTEN CURRICULUM & PROGRAM OPTIONS (3-DAY & 5-DAY)
This level is appropriate for those students who are 5 years old through early 6 years of age developmentally at the start of the school year.
- Students will be taught to view God as the author of every subject, with a purpose and plan for each one in our modern world.
- Students begin to learn the rudiments of the subjects like science, history, and geography.
- They record their learning in their own hand
- They even begin to reason from the Bible in every subject area.
This intentional method of teaching and learning trains students to think and reason, not just
Base 3-Day Kindergarten Program (Full Days, Mon/Wed/Fri)
The program is activity-oriented, but more emphasis is placed on paper-and-pencil activities and structured seat work. The seeds of wisdom are sown in every academic subject to inspire a love of learning and appreciation for God’s hand in all we do.
- Reading, Writing & Literature:
- A Classical literature focus on studying A.A. Milne’s literary classic (and children’s favorite), Winnie the Pooh
- The Writing Road to Reading © literacy program is introduced
- Students expand their phonetic awareness and segmentation in preparation for beginning to read (many children
learn to read before completing academic kindergarten)
- The student notebook is expanded and built upon as a tool for scholarship
- Unit about mammals and reptiles, with a trip to the San Diego Zoo
- Exciting look at the five senses
- Solar system
- Fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5)
- God’s Principle of Individuality
- Examination of internal vs. external character traits
- Technology is brought directly into the classroom curriculum
- Key field studies include trips to the San Diego Zoo and Oma’s Pumpkin Patch
- Kids’ Culinary Classes are offered for ages 4 and up
Supplemental 5-Day Kindergarten Program: Base 3-Day
All Day Program + 2 Full Enrichment Days
In addition to the curriculum of the 3-day program mentioned above, parents may supplement their child’s learning by enrolling them in our 2 day/week I.D.E.A! program to create a 5 full-day Kindergarten schedule.
Standing for Inspire, Discover, Explore, Achieve, IDEA! is Courage Christian Academy’s supplemental Kindergarten for 5- and 6-year-olds. This optional 4th and 5th day of learning-enriched Kindergarten takes place in a hands-on environment and is focused on STEM (science, technology, engineering, math). Having the class size capped at 17 means there’s more 1:1 time for your child with the teacher.
The Guide Behind The Idea! Supplemental Kindergarten Program Encompasses The Following
Community-style learning where children are able to share their ideas while also learning to listen to their neighbor.
Dedicated time where students can seek to apply biblical principles from direct Bible reading to their lives.
Planned brain breaks throughout the day to allow student to refresh their emotional and intellectual think tanks.
To expand the student’s knowledge in the areas of science and history and put into practice all they have learned through the use of STEM, collaborative group projects, history character studies, as well as other creative avenues.
Getting an opportunity to explore their God-given creative abilities through art, drama, and music.
Learning how to be good stewards of the world God has given us by exploring and learning about our National Parks as Jr. Rangers.
To allow students to capitalize on language, spelling, and math skills already learned and to further their individual abilities in these foundational skills.
The IDEA! program is a stand-alone program which takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays through the school year. The program may be added to our 3-day prekindergarten or kindergarten programs to create a full-day, 5-day kindergarten program.